Coombabah State School is fulfilling our plan to implement the whole of the Australian Curriculum by 2020. By the end of 2018 we will have implemented:
- History and Social Sciences
- Digital Technologies
- Health and Physical Education
Special features of our curriculum include:
- both a junior and senior choir along with a strong instrumental music program.
- catering for children's needs through inclusive classroom methodologies, targeted intervention, gifted and talented programs and extensive support of children with disabilities.
- encouragement of students to pursue representative sports.
- Japanese culture and language studies in years 5 and 6.
- participation in academic competitions.
- effective Positive Behaviour and Learning Policy.
- strong interest in learning through technology including use of interactive whiteboards in every classroom.
- involvement in the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden program.
- involvement in camps, excursions and incursions to engage students and link learning to real-world contexts.